Friday, March 13, 2015

Review: Witchrise by Victoria Lamb


Title: Witchrise (Tudor Witch Trilogy #3) 
Author: Victoria Lamb 
Synopsis: Only one witch can rise above the coming storm ... When Tudor witch Meg Lytton receives an unexpected legacy - her mother's magical wand, ring and spellbook - she has no idea her future happiness is in danger. For the witchfinder Marcus Dent is back in her dreams, and he will use any weapon to gain her newfound powers for himself. Now Meg must discover the secret of Invictus, her mother's magical ring. Summoned back to Hatfield, she knows a battle is coming. But Meg is no longer alone in her struggle against Dent. Surrounded by her friends, she faces her greatest challenge head-on: losing Alejandro, her beloved. For it seems the Spanish novice has been keeping secrets from them all. Powers clash and hearts break in the spellbinding third book of The Tudor Witch Trilogy.



My Review:

I really loved the first two books in this series and I was almost completely sure that I would enjoy Witchrise as much as Witchstuck and Witchfall, and Victoria didn´t let me down, I loved the book!

I was really eager to start reading it because Witchfall ended in a point where I really needed to know what was about to happen. The only thing that was a little bit weaker was the first part of the book because the narrative was kind of slow and wasn´t happening any memorable thing though a big period of time passed. Though she totally made up for that on the second part, from that point onwards the book was full of twists, adventures and mysteries. I didn´t have a dull moment while reading it, it was surprise after surprise!

Witchrise is the more action packed book of the series you won´t have time to recover from a surprise that you will have a new blow coming straight for you. The dynamic of Alejandro and Meg changes in this book, their relationship grows, they became more mature and realize what is really at stakes. The secondary characters play a big role in the development of the story. There are old and new characters that will grip your attention through the whole story.

Ending a series in a good way and one that satisfies the characters is really difficult but Victoria Lamb manage to do that and more! I really loved the ending, it gave clousure to the series while at the same time gives space for the reader to imagine the future of the characters. I was very satisfied with the ending though since I love this series so much I wouldn´t mind reading a novella about the characters cause they have a special part in my bookish heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...