Monday, August 22, 2016

LIOOS goes to RARE17- Penny Reid


Title: Neanderthal Seeks Human 
Author: Penny Reid 
Synopsis: There are three things you need to know about Janie Morris: 1) She is incapable of engaging in a conversation without volunteering TMTI (Too Much Trivial Information), especially when she is unnerved, 2) No one unnerves her more than Quinn Sullivan, and 3) She doesn't know how to knit. After losing her boyfriend, apartment, and job in the same day, Janie Morris can't help wondering what new torment fate has in store. To her utter mortification, Quinn Sullivan- aka Sir McHotpants- witnesses it all then keeps turning up like a pair of shoes you lust after but can't afford. The last thing she expects is for Quinn- the focus of her slightly, albeit harmless, stalkerish tendencies- to make her an offer she can't refuse.







I love this book so much that I´ve been non- stop reading the whole weekend all the other books in the series. My eyes feel like gritty sandpaper after the reading marathon but it was so worth it! This is not my first rodeo in Penny Reid´s awesomeness of books but I swear every new book I read from her has me falling in love once again for her writing. I haven´t read anyone with such a unique writing style. It is captivating, witty, heartfelt and hilarious all at the same time.

Neanderthal Seeks Human is the 1st book in the Knitting in the City series and after reading all the available title in this series I can say without a doubt that it is my favourite. The beginning of this book was like landing in the middle of the ocean. It was sudden, unexpected and had me thinking "who the hell is Janie"? But then Sir McHotpants aka Quinn comes in and is like a flying unicorn suddenly appeared, it was something truly magical. All the nerdy things and characters in this book suited perfectly my inner geek because in the end we are all freaks about a certain topic. I proudly consider myself a book nerd, so why not embrace it? That´s what this series of books is about, in accepting your wonderfully unique personality with every quirk and flaw and about making the most of it. It was something truly eye-opening for myself.

I have only praise and admiration for this book and its author, I wouldn´t change anything about it! The main characters are amazingly developed and the secondary characters bring even more live to the whole story. And I can assure you that you won´t be able to stop on the first book, is like and inner compulsion that makes you want more and more! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...